Sunday, July 1, 2007

my promise

sometimes i wonder
wat would life be w/o you

do i seem like i take you for granted?
does it look like i dont value?

but what if today,
this day
i make make a promise
a promise that would ensure you
coutless moments of support
a lifelong contract of friendship
truckloads of love

if i were to break this promise
i would hate myself forever
for it would show that im a horrid person
and with that said, i swear never to break this promise.

im sorry for all the times i hurt you
im sorry for not paying attention to your love for me
im sorry for throwing my anger on you at times
im sorry for giving in to my temper
im sorry for being blind to your feelings

i hate myself
at times
for my ridiculous TEMPER
i get angry
and i let anger take over me
and i hate it
when i use it as an excuse to hurt those i love
and im gng to be more aware now
for im not willing to allow my anger
to me the cause of me losing u


i'll make it up to you
i'll be there forever
in no matter what circumstance
i'll compromise
and i'll love
i'll support
and i'll comfort

this is a little note that i write
to pave way for a future
where our friendship will grow stronger than ever

you were sent into my life
so that i can appreciate things that i never saw
selfess love
endless support

the lie behind the phrase
'blood is thicker than water.'

1 july 2007
a promise i make
to a special friendship.
:)

No comments: