Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TAMIL

as part of my learning journey to malaysia with abi and achu..my tamil has improved. cross my fingers..i learned new words u know..shall list them (for those of you who know tamil, dont mind my spelling)

1. puchandi (monster)
2. pada (sleep)
....

ok thats it..uhoh...looks like im still stagnant at a F9...sigh...but my tamil song singing has improved...now i really cross my fingers...listen to this::

yelah yelah yelah, yelah yelah ma
yelah yelah yelah yelah yelah yelah ma
randaka randaka randaka randaka

alrite...so maybe thats not exactly tamil..like kumeresh said, its like saying u know a new english song then all that comes out from your mouth is 'la la la la la la la ..'
so the above was the new 'tamil' song i came back with
but....it was hardly a tamil song. so due to my enthusiasm in mastering the tamil language, i decided to learn at least one stanza of the song with kumeresh being my tamil song teacher...so here goes ..

andak kakka konda kari
randaka randaka randaka randaka
atchi vella konda kari
randaka randaka randaka randaka
ayya veeduk kandak kari
randaka...
ayira meenu kanmuk kari
randaka...


so there goes my first actual tamil song...i tried singing it many times...and each time i sing it, i have one goal im mind: to make it sound more like tamil...why? coz right now, even i have to admit..i seriously sound like im singing a malay song. (btw, i have no idea what it means) sigh. wait. just wait. one day i shall be a tamil literary genius. after all, hardwork always pays of at the end of the day.

thanks to, not abi and achu, kumaran and guna (they're cousins)...over the one week, i actually started appreciating tamil ... i even know a tamil alliteration :mudu mudachi (tie three knots on the tali. i.e, get married) my 2007 goal: learn more tamil songs and speak more PROPER tamil..uhoh..HELPPP....

i shall close by singing all of u another tamil song. enjoy.

1...2...3...4...here goes

all over the world i like to see my indian girls
salanga oli mukuthi alagi ...(something)... indian girls
so sexy in theyre silky sarees, country indian girls
..(something something)...kumkum pottu thali..something..mudu mudachi?

not bad huh? i actually like that song..the beat's good..oh well...to all my tamil friends out there..dont be useless..do some good with ur tamil language knowledge...teach me!

No comments: